Warehouse Mezzanines & Storage Platforms
Increase your manufacturing and storage capacity fast – without incurring costly renovations or moving to a new facility – with a structural steel mezzanines. Whether you need a little or a lot more floor space, Rack Systems Inc. has the perfect mezzanine solution to fit your application, your timing and your budget. All mezzanines are engineered with your business in mind. Intelligently built, the modular components easily adapt to your evolving needs, providing the added value, flexibility and functionality you need in fast-changing times.
The promise of a stress-free experience is built into every mezzanine system we design and install. Faster than you ever imagined possible, we can build an industrial strength mezzanine around the existing layout of your facility, matching its exact height, area and load requirements.
- Increase Productivity and Efficiency
- Increase storage capacity and footprint
- Save cost of construction and/or re-location
- Reduce carbon footprint
Rack Systems Inc. will work closely with you transform unused vertical space into a profitable storage area. No contractors. No architects. Just send us your additional space requirements and we will return an AutoCAD drawing showing precisely how your mezzanine will be configured with the existing layout of your warehouse, matching its exact height, area and load requirements. And best of all, each mezzanine comes with a Lifetime Structural Warranty.
Industrial Mezzanines: Expanding Workspace and Storage Solutions
Industrial mezzanines are versatile, elevated platforms that offer additional space within an existing facility. These structures provide a cost-effective means to expand workspace and storage capacity. In this article, we will explore when and where to use industrial mezzanines to enhance your operational efficiency.
When to Use Industrial Mezzanines:
- Need for Additional Space: Industrial mezzanines are a practical solution when your existing workspace is running out of space. They allow you to create additional floor space without the expense and disruption of constructing a new building or relocating to a larger facility.
- Storage Expansion: Mezzanines are valuable when you need extra storage capacity for inventory, tools, equipment, or parts. They can be customized to accommodate a wide range of storage needs, from shelving units to pallet racking.
- Workspace Optimization: When your workspace is cluttered and disorganized, a mezzanine can help you optimize the layout. By creating a designated area for specific tasks or functions, you can improve workflow and productivity.
- Cost Efficiency: Compared to building expansions or moving to a larger facility, mezzanines offer a more cost-effective solution. They provide a significant return on investment by maximizing the use of available space.
Where to Use Industrial Mezzanines:
- Manufacturing Facilities: Industrial mezzanines are widely used in manufacturing plants. They can create additional workspace for assembly, inspection, or quality control areas. Mezzanines can also be used to store raw materials or finished products, freeing up floor space for production machinery.
- Warehouses and Distribution Centers: Mezzanines are ideal for expanding storage space in warehouses and distribution centers. They can house inventory, enabling more efficient order fulfillment and inventory management. Mezzanines are especially valuable in e-commerce warehouses where space for packing and shipping is crucial.
- Retail Stores: Retail stores can benefit from mezzanines to expand retail space or to create storage areas for backstock. This helps keep the sales floor organized and aesthetically pleasing.
- Automotive Garages: Automotive repair shops and garages use mezzanines to optimize workspace. They can provide additional room for vehicle storage, parts inventory, and tools, improving the overall efficiency of the operation.
- Office Environments: Mezzanines can be used in office settings to create additional workspace, such as meeting rooms, offices, or employee break areas. This is especially helpful in offices with high ceilings.
- Cold Storage Facilities: Cold storage warehouses can utilize mezzanines for the storage of refrigerated or frozen products. The elevated platform provides a space-efficient way to manage temperature-controlled inventory.
- Agriculture and Farming: Agricultural facilities often use mezzanines for crop storage, equipment maintenance, or workspace for packing and processing operations. Mezzanines help agricultural businesses make the most of their available space.
- 3PL Providers: Third-party logistics providers that handle a diverse range of products can use mezzanines to create customized storage solutions for each client. This maximizes space and efficiency.
In conclusion, industrial mezzanines are a versatile and cost-effective solution for businesses and facilities looking to expand their workspace or storage capacity. By understanding when and where to use industrial mezzanines, you can make informed decisions about the best way to optimize your existing space. Whether it’s in manufacturing, warehousing, retail, automotive, or other industries, mezzanines can transform your facility and enhance operational efficiency by providing additional, well-organized space.
In-plant Office Mezzanines
Other mezzanine applications include:
- Warehouse Storage Mezzanines
- Conveyor Support Mezzanines
- Auto Dealer Distribution Mezzanine
- Exhibition Platforms
- Sports Facilities
- Fitness Centre Mezzanines
Please be aware that mezzanine do require permits. The RSI mezzanine process includes:
- Warehouse site analysis
- Mezzanine permits
- Cogan mezzanine manufacturing