Industrial and Warehouse Shelving Introduction
Industrial shelving, sometimes called warehouse shelving, comes in a multitude of varieties and styles. From basic units to complex configurations with modular drawers and bin dividers, industrial shelving provides storage solutions for everything from general office storage to integrated multi-tier warehouse mezzanines.
Engineered to provide safe, economical storage space of virtually any type of hand loaded material, basic steel shelving units are configured from posts, shelves and compression clips. These basic shelving systems can be enhanced with bins, boxes, dividers and drawers to maximize available space and create efficient storage solutions.
- Have hand loaded equipment or records?
- Need an economical solution?
- Want a choice of colors and styles?
- Need a solution that’s easily expanded?
- Want a flexible system for future changes?
Whether you are looking for mobile shelving, wide span shelving, or another type of heavy duty shelving, Rack Systems Inc. has a solution that meets your storage needs for nearly any kind of product or weight capacity. We offer a wide range of heavy duty shelving in both bolted and bolt-less designs so you can select the right system for your unique storage requirements. Industrial shelving systems are easy to install, and can be easily adjusted to accommodate additional storage room in the future if required. Our products also integrate easily with other storage solutions to create a complete warehouse shelving system.
Industrial Shelving Components
- Shims – Elevate posts when flooring is not level
- Base Plates – Close off the bottom of the unit to stop things from rolling under
- Foot Plates – Anchor the shelving system onto the floor
- Shelf Boxes – Hold small items onto shelves. Various sizes available
- Bin Fronts – Stop small items from falling off the front of the shelf. Various sizes available
- Hanging Bars – Allow items to be suspended in the unit. Available in 36”, 42” and 48” widths
- Sliding Dividers – Mobile dividers that attach to the bottom of the shelf. Maximal adjustability by sliding horizontally across the shelf. Available in 6” and 8” heights
- Dividers – Create compartments on the shelf. Rolled front for a smooth edge. Attached with divider clips or flathead nuts and bolts. Available in the following sizes:
4” – 24” in Height
12” – 32” in Depth
- Label Holders – Allow users to insert labels for easier identification of shelf contents
- Swinging Doors – Close the front of a unit with a locking mechanism and flush handle. Sets are available in the following sizes:
36” x 3’4”, 6’4”, or 7’4”
48” x 3’4”, 6’4”, or 7’4”
Rack Systems Inc. is a proud distributor of Metalware.