Cogan Guard Rails
Cogan Guard Rail overview
Protect your people and your property from the ground up with Rack Systems Cogan guard rails, safety rails and rack protectors. The robust construction keeps your warehouse facility and workplace safe, productive and profitable. Simple to assemble, all of our warehouse storage guard rail solutions reduce costly installation charges and interruptions.
Cogan Guard Rail features:
- Direct traffic
- Prevent accidents
- Safeguard equipment
- Heavy-duty construction
- Withstand a 10,000-lb impact at 4 mph
- Available in custom lengths
Our Cogan guardrail safety barriers are the perfect safeguard from machinery, rack-aisle ends, back-of-racking, inventory areas and loading docks. They work equally well protecting mezzanines, offices, walls, heating and cooling equipment, electrical panels, and computer control centers.
- Heavy-Duty Guardrail
- Pedestrian Barriers
- Wire Mesh Rack Guards
- Self-closing Safety Gates
- Floor Angle Guides
Safety with guard rails:
Warehouse safety is a critical component of effective industrial management. With machinery, staff, and valuable inventory often sharing the same space, safety measures need to be robust and adaptable. Cogan’s line of warehouse safety guard rails serves this exact purpose, providing a durable and reliable protective barrier designed to minimize the risks associated with warehouse operations. Knowing when and where to employ these guard rails can considerably improve the safety, efficiency, and organization of your warehouse.
When to Use Cogan Warehouse Safety Guard Rails:
- High Traffic Areas: If your warehouse sees frequent movement of forklifts, pallet jacks, or other heavy machinery, installing guard rails in these high-traffic zones can help avoid accidental collisions with stored goods or stationary equipment.
- Vulnerable Points: Some areas in a warehouse might be more susceptible to accidents due to their location, such as corners, loading docks, or intersections. Guard rails here act as a protective shield.
- Asset Protection: If your warehouse stores valuable inventory or critical equipment, safeguarding these assets with guard rails is a prudent precautionary measure.
- Pedestrian Safety: In warehouses where staff or visitors are present on foot, guard rails can serve as a boundary that separates them from machinery and heavy goods, reducing the risk of accidents.
- Regulatory Compliance: Many jurisdictions have safety requirements that may mandate the use of guard rails. Installing them can help you comply with these regulations, avoiding potential fines or legal repercussions.
Where to Use Cogan Warehouse Safety Guard Rails:
- Loading Docks: This is a high-activity area where goods are continuously moved in and out. Installing guard rails here can prevent accidental falls or collisions.
- Storage Aisles: Protecting the aisles where goods are stored can prevent inventory damage and make for a safer working environment.
- Machinery Perimeter: Heavy machinery like conveyors, hydraulic presses, or manufacturing equipment can be dangerous if accidentally bumped into or touched. Guard rails can provide a secure buffer zone.
- Walkways: Creating a designated pathway for staff and visitors protected by guard rails can improve pedestrian safety considerably.
- Mezzanine Edges: Elevated platforms or mezzanine floors are potential fall hazards. Guard rails can serve as fall protection barriers in these areas.
- Office Spaces: If your warehouse includes office spaces or meeting rooms, placing guard rails around these areas can protect them from industrial activity and clearly demarcate work zones.
- Break Areas: Similar to office spaces, break areas where employees rest or eat can be protected and separated from the warehouse’s busy sections through the use of guard rails.
- Data Centers within Warehouse: Protecting the servers and other IT equipment from potential collisions is crucial, and guard rails offer a practical solution.
- Building Corners: The corners of the warehouse building are vulnerable points that can benefit from added protection, especially in reverse driving paths for forklifts or other vehicles.
In essence, the implementation of Cogan warehouse safety guard rails is not just a practical step but an essential one for comprehensive safety and organizational efficiency. These guard rails are versatile enough to fit various needs and durable enough to withstand the rigors of industrial activity. From pedestrian safety to asset protection and regulatory compliance, installing these barriers at strategic points in your warehouse can significantly enhance the working environment, reducing risks and potentially saving costs related to accidents and damage.